Comparative and Superlative
Correct the sentences below!
- The more illiterate the people are, the more easy they are influenced by the hoaxes.
- This year weather is the worse in the last ten years.
- The individual terrorists are the dangerous than the communal ones.
- What the leader says isn’t true as what the fact is.
- The effect of the raising temperature affects the plant at most.
- As the furniture is made of the most fine wood, it can last more than 10 years.
- The most regularly we do exercises, the most healthy we will be.
- He does his job more and more reluctant because the situation in his office isn’t conducive.
- The actor who learns how to act through a theater acts naturally than anyone who never learn to act.
- Seeing the one we love in grief is the most painful than feeling sad of ourselves.
- Be careful to that kind of snake for it is more poisonous of all.
- Mr. Ire punishes his students as properly than Mr. Ear, so the students accept it.
- This is the more astonishing creation that I ever know.
- Some people choose the information to be spread out to their friends carefully than others do.
- The nearer gas station is about one kilometer from this place.
Active and Passive sentences
State whether the sentences below are correct or incorrect!
- All of his thoughts are often written on his blog or journals.
- The pirates’ treasure has hidden in such a long time that no one believes its existence.
- His series of adventures were recorded and mad into a wonderful story.
- They touched by their children’s honesty toward their love to their parents.
- You should chosen a good companion in your journey of life.
- Everyone has to gained as much knowledge as possible for leading them to the better life.
- The creative young entrepreneurs are going to awarded for their continuous innovation.
- It is useful for all of the students to have an outing class to know more about their surroundings.
- It found out that no one understands the command written on their guiding book.
- We fear that we will threatened again for we still don’t agree to the leader’s policy.
- Don’t worry! Your house will guarded 24 hours by some policemen.
- No secret will reveal if everyone keeps their words.
- The woman was chosen to win as she sang with her heart.
- Indonesian have trusted the government’s commitment to never leave their people in trouble.
- The people expected to be watchful to the strangers entering their area.
Perfect tenses versus Past tenses
Correct the sentences below!
- The travelers were enjoying the scenery from the top of the mountain for almost three hours when the rain fell hard.
- The promotion of some employees has been discussed this morning.
- We were here almost for an hour. We feel bored.
- The park has been full of people when a bomb exploded.
- The judge decided already to send him to the jail when there was another proof saying that he was innocent.
- Doing chores had been the wives’ solely duty but husbands willingly help them now.
- People have had a wrong concept on raising children in the past.
- Intelligence quotient had been believed to bring success in the future years ago.
- Some coffee bars developed the coffee machine to extract the fruits since last year.
- He confessed his wrong doing before we asked him about it.
- Some families recycled their sewage since they knew that it would become the water pollutant.
- Indonesian chefs promoted Indonesian traditional food to other countries since five years ago.
- We had been evaluating the project while the director was checking the infrastructure.
- More surprisingly, they hadn’t been the professionals on the case that was judged in the court yesterday.
- I have been fined by the police last month.
Using the past with present : I understand why he was pretty angry to us
Choose the correct sentences!
- He explained the plants are coniferous.
- He said that he was quite angry to you.
- The boss called me because I am often late.
- She has known that you were with another girl last night.
- He becomes sick because he eats too much chilly food.
- The students often say that they didn’t prepare the lesson the day before.
- Although he left earlier, he still misses the train.
- He planned that she will hold a meeting for the reptile lovers.
- She asks me why I don’t call her last night.
- The students are still disappointed to what the teacher decided this morning.
- The naturalist told that nature provides the creatures’s needs.
- Since the company was about to collapse, the manager is looking for another company to merge this one.
- The activities which were held last semester are successful.
- Where she took pictures isn’t a problem for us.
- We are familiar with the books which are written in the twentieth century.
Singular and plural Nouns (+ the irregular ones)
Correct the sentences!
- The most twenty wonderful church in the world are mostly in Europe.
- Her wishes is only having a loyal husband.
- A lot of leave were falling down when the wind blew so hard.
- I have never visited another country.
- The manager has signed some memorandum which deal to his business.
- That data is taken from this magazine.
- I need to talk to the woman who want to be the volunteers for this charity.
- The criteria which is written in the brochure suit to your quality.
- Where are the child going?
- My left shoes is gone.
- I hate entering this basement due to a lot of mouse.
- Please, all of you take care of yourself!
- Indonesian hero fought bravely for our independence.
- Big match always attract many spectator.
- A strange natural phenomena often occurs during the dry season.
Countable and uncountable Nouns
Choose the correct sentences!
- Our happiness influence others’
- We need a lot of coastal sand for this big aquarium.
- A few chemical solution is needed to clean these spots.
- Your glass are suitable to your face.
- We need two glasses of water to soften the dough.
- Don’t put too many salt to the soup!
- We don’t have to bring a lot of baggage.
- Do you have plenty of paper for printing this long report?
- The clothes looks elegant on you.
- The model for shampoo must have beautiful hair.
- There are some chances for the job seekers to show their competence.
- Too little words in advertisement may confuse the readers as the information is not enough.
- The less education people have, the less opportunities they have to get a good job.
- Shall we ask some advices to the teacher about our stand?
- Many fake information is found in the internet or social media.
Correct the pronouns!
- The educators told he didn’t want to force the students to do what he wanted.
- There will be some information about the competitions. The students are eager to follow it.
- The houses in this complex are designed by a young architect. Its model is unique.
- Discipline and consistency are being trained to the young people. Young people must have it to survive.
- The famines in the countries with the prolonged political conflicts can never be solved due to its government’s disability to stop the conflicts.
- Annie and Paul agreed to sell their only furniture although they still love them.
- Paul’s typescripts were on his table last night but this morning he lost it.
- Some famous authors agree that “Monalisa” can inspire his new novel on art because he has a unique background.
- A few animal species have almost been extinct. Its number is less than 200 in the world. Therefore, the government must conserve it.
- Every item in this mall is qualified, but its price is competitive enough.
- Before the data are revised, we must have it complete.
- The beads which you will use to make a necklace are like the real pearls. It is gleaming.
- The beauty of this beach is due to their white and soft sand. Visitors like lying on them the whole day.
- The formulae that you told need revising because we cannot prove it right.
- The texts are written in English, so it will be good for the students to practice his English.