BSE : 3.7/4.7/6/7.3
3.7 menerapkan fungsi sosial, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan teks interaksi transaksional lisan dan tulis yang melibatkan tindakan memberi dan meminta informasi terkait konsesi, sesuai dengan konteks penggunaannya. (Perhatikan unsur kebahasaan even though, although)
4.7 menyusun teks interaksi transaksional lisan dan tulis yang melibatkan tindakan memberi dan meminta informasi terkait konsesi, dengan memperhatikan fungsi sosial, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan yang benar dan sesuai konteks
In this chapter, you will review on Adverbial Clauses, especially Adverbial clause of Concession. Surely, you will have to know their proper grammatical structure. Practicing writing sentences is needed to enhance your understanding on the social function of each Adverbial Clause.
- Learning process
Read the sentences well, then tell what each sentence expresses!
- Since the nomination is going to be announced, the committee is having the last check on the nominees.
- After we had transferred sum of money, we were told that it was fraud.
- Everyone is moving forward in order that they can see what is happening clearly.
- She has been standing still there for almost an hour as if she were a mannequin.
- Even though his father is the owner of this big company, he is still not promoted to the higher position.
- Even if I got fired, I wouldn’t be afraid to tell the truth.
- If you fail, never blame someone else for the failure.
- That was such a huge explosion that there were about a hundred people got injured and killed.
- My dad dresses up tidily whereever he goes.
- He is going much further on this experiment than I did last month.
You have learnt about Adverbial Clauses, so to refresh it click on: https://hedwigbooks.com/2018/07/11/clauses/
And read the Adverbial Clauses.
The followings are the exercises to enhance your understanding about Adverbial Clauses.
Here are simple sentences! Develop each sentence into Complex Ones by using different Adverbial Conjunctions. You may have the sentence as the sub clause.
e.g. The teenagers look disappointed.
a. The teenagers look disappointed.because they are not allowed to meet their idol.
b. The teenagers look disappointed.although the committee have the reason for the cancelled fan meeting
- I don’t understand the instructions.
- These days are quite scorching.
- Some parents like to dictate teachers how to teach their children.
- Our family had a wonderful time together.
- The film wasn’t interesting.
- My flight was delayed.
- The two opposite leaders agree to Pancasila as the required subject at schools.
- Communication technology has been widely used for business.
- Every one was excited to shake hand with the President.
- The idea of having a small house is for reducing the energy consumption.
Find the incorrect word in each sentence, and correct the sentence!
- The competition among big countries in producing high technology on telecommunication becomes the most intense than that on food production is.
- There will be more challenges for the educators to motivate students to learn for their business with their gadgets.
- Children need to be trained on having soft skills that they will be able to achieve not only cognitive development but also psychomotor and affective one.
- Since young people are becoming more and more digitally literate, there are still many not having competence on comprehending a text or article.
- A lot of people still ignore the cleanliness of their environment as if they don’t know the alarming condition of the earth.
- Even if the young people don’t know how to collaborate, the world will never both reach the harmony and become the peaceful place to live due to the high competition causing the dispute among countries.
- Creatures have experienced the harsh weather since human begins consuming fossil fuel abundantly end exploiting the nature greedily.
- Living with villagers was so an amazing experience for our students that they become aware of appreciating others’ life and nature.
- We are going to hold culture parade here the people can access the transportation easily.
- Though there have been notices to keep the cleanliness around the park, visitors still won’t leave their trash everywhere when leaving the park.
- The police won’t stop investigating if they find who controlled the riot.
- The curriculum of schools won’t adapt the society demands unless they have what they want to focus on.
- Making an event viral is such easy that this is used by the irresponsible people to spread the negative things or hoaxes.
- Culture is able to unite any difference found in the society as if the glue does.
- Before the President signs the agreement, some private companies had met him twice.
- After companies use Artificial Intelligence in their activities, human resources should be more focused on how to manage the system.
In this activity, you will practice applying the adverbial clauses on a short composition.
Watch this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nEYsyRlYo
Based on the video, make a composition containing two or three paragraphs by using adverbial clauses!
In this activity, try to understand the different meaning of although, even though, though, even if, in spite of (the fact) that, and despite (the fact) that by paraphrasing the sentences below by omitting the conjunction!
- Even though they have been familiar with this activity, they cannot complete the tasks well.
- Although everyone has the copy of the material, they are still confused on the grasping the explanation.
- Even if the leader had a good leadership, this organization wouldn’t run well due to the inefficient system.
- The children playing with their gadget won’t listen to you even if you shout at them.
- He has ability to hypnotize people, but despite that he doesn’t do that for his own sake.
- In spite of the fact that you are the winner, you won’t automatically represent our school for the following contest.
- You should believe that you can achieve what you dream though you have some weaknesses.
- Despite the fact that she is still young, the President chooses her as one of the ministers.
- Although your sentences are grammatically correct, they are meaningless.
- Even if he was threatened to be killed many times, he wouldn’t stop investigating this case.
- Our proposal isn’t perfect, but in spite of that the leader chooses it for the next project.
- He will get his internship for six months in this company even though he is the son of the owner.
- The judge won’t legalize your business even if you bribe him.
- Though this school has been facilitated completely, the students won’t get good education without teachers’ high integrity.
- The vocabularies are commonly used in daily conversation. Some of the students don’t know their meaning, though.
TO REVIEW ALL MATERIALS,
- Write the grammatical structure of Adverbial Clause.
- Mention kinds of Adverbial Clauses.
- Tell the social function of each Averbial Clause.
- Infer the slight difference of some conjunctions in adverbial clause of concession.
CHECK WHETHER YOU HAVE UNDERSTOOD THE MATERIALS!
SELF-REFLECTION ON THE MASTERY OF MATERIALS
|Can you recognize the sentences with Adverbial Clauses?
|Do you know the social function of the Adverbial Clauses?
|Can apply the Adverbial Clauses in your composition?
|Can you differentiate the slight difference of though, although, even though and even if?