The basic use of the adjectives and adverbs
State whether the sentence is correct or incorrect!
- What you are planning will be possibly done if everyone has the same spirit.
- We found the victims badly injury.
- The children are making the wall colorfully.
- The water in this river flows rapid.
- His hair is extreme long, she won the world record for the longest hair.
- I will highly recommend you to this position as you have experienced it for 5 years.
- The magnificently displayed historically objects attract young people to visit the museum.
- The slow moving pictures are easily recorded by my old camera.
- The manager responded his staff’s protest so calmly that they finally realized their mistake.
- He is nervously because it’s the first time for him to express his feelings to a woman.
- The quick movement in karate is difficult to learn.
- As he is a sweet guy, everyone feels comfortable to be with him.
- The carefully done task will be scored higher.
- His wealth has been dramatically decreasing since his son died.
- They will automatically defend themselves as they are afraid of being punished.
Adjectives after linking verbs
Choose the correct sentence below!
- What you cook tastes deliciously.
- My sons become more and more dependent.
- Those high school students look competently in presenting their job.
- The people grow more and more creatively in innovating on line shopping.
- The more magically the creation of the monsters is, the more awesome the movie will be.
- Hunting traditional food sounds interesting.
- It seems hard for the students to learn what they dislike.
- Your bruise turns bluish.
- Does the jacket appear suitably on me?
- The audience went crazily when their idol came into the stage and went into the crowd.
- It becomes rarely to find the honest and credible leader nowadays.
- The visitors feel comfortable in this resort as it is far from the crowded city.
- It smells fishy around the place where fishermen sell their fish.
- I sounds wonderfully having adventurous journey with friends.
- The tire went flat when we were hurrying to catch up our friends who had been far ahead.
Noun + -ly as adjective
Choose the correct sentence!
- The heavenly creatures are usually depicted as babies with wings.
- His classmates seem so friend that he feels comfortable in new class.
- Despite his alone life, he doesn’t want to re-marry because of his deep love to his dead wife.
- Everyone leaves for school or work earlier every Monday.
- The international flower carnival is held yearly in Tomohon, Sulawesi.
- I have subscribed this monthly magazine for almost 15 years.
- The violence done by children will be like to happen if they lack of parents’ love
- The dancing water show in Hongkong so love that a lot of people around the world are attracted to see it.
- The nightly movie is usually for adults.
- If this pearl weren’t too costly, I would buy it.
- The natives kindly invite the strangers or visitors to their home without any prejudice.
- Boys should be taught how to solve their problem manly.
- The easterly sunshine warms my house every morning.
- The honestly persons are now considered stupid by people because they won’t get rich.
- Mr. and Mrs. Anton had had a happily marriage for two years before their plane crashed a mountain.
Articles (a, an, the)
Find the incorrect article in every sentence!
- I prefer to stay in the hotel when traveling.
- What the silly argument! He shouldn’t give the reason that can weaken his previous statement.
- As a popular actress, she has a lots of activities.
- Would you like to have the glass of water or the cup of tea?
- Please, give me the morning paper! I can’t find a news I need in this paper.
- We had a light breakfast this morning, so we need the complete lunch this afternoon.
- People have destroyed an Earth. They don’t realize that things made of the plastic are dangerous.
- There is a story about the baby that was raised by wolves. A baby was grown up into a strong man but behaved as the wolves do.
- A trees in a botanical garden are rarely found in other places. Even we can find a tree that has been hundred years of age.
- This is the most wonderful spot I have ever visited and this is a first time for me to enjoy the fresh air after having been sick for some weeks.
- Ariel has been in a prison for almost a year. His relatives and friends often go to a prison to visit him.
- Please, don’t go the home late because we want to have a dinner with the They will come at 17.00.
- He has been here for a As a university student, he has to complete a research on the people’s behavior.
- Many street children are long for a sweet home where they can go a home everyday and meet the persons whom they love and who love them.
- I have no a courage to express my feelings. I have lost a courage since he left me.
Correct the modifiers below!
- The twins are different. One is tall and two is shorter.
- Would you like any water?
- We have an order of making 100 cakes so we need little flour and eggs.
- If you have any information, please tell me instantly.
- Some stand in this place sells the same things.
- All word which the president utters influences people’s mind.
- I find much difficult words in the text, but I still I can understand the content.
- Chapter third is different from the first and the second.
- The students must be advised to respect each other.
- Will you show me another models, please! (in a boutique)
- I choose these one! Its color is wonderful.
- Look at that birds! They are flying to the south.
- Sorry, I can’t help you! I have few work to do now!
- Only can a few amount of pepper make the soup hotter.
- He is lazy. He rarely finishes much jobs he gets.
Correct the prepositions below!
- The young marriage often involves women who are still in sixteen.
- Please, prepare yourselves! Everyone will have been here on 9:00.
- These workers have been repairing the bridge for Monday.
- Some diligent students always submit their task at the time.
- At the beginning, we had only two workers. Now, there are more than a thousand workers.
- Some men in strange suits came to the building five minutes ago.
- I saw him at the conference room with his lecture discussing something seriously.
- He has moved the boxes on the higher shelves, so you can put your stuff in the lower shelves.
- Though our ability is under theirs, we should not be pessimistic.
- I am familiar to the person sitting with the headmaster.
- I found this wonderful book while I was recollecting the old books.
- The complete souvenir shop at this city is at 22c Trunojoyo street.
- Novels from Stephen King are always bestseller. I like reading them.
- There is a unique statue on this souvenir stall. I want to buy it.
- My friend who is getting obese is in a strictly diet to control her weight.
Preposition with certain adjectives, and participles
Correct the prepositions below!
- Was she aware on your being there?
- Many young people get involved to gaining support for their favorite governor.
- We were quite shocked with what they did to us.
- Owing by the new policy, we won’t be able to be creative anymore.
- Is every one ready about the challenging games?
- The success of our plan absolutely depends of whether we can work together as a team or not.
- The workers having a strike are begging from the increasing salary.
- You shouldn’t complain on everything that you get for you are given perfect body.
- The orphans here are taken care by so well that they forget their miserable past life.
- Most teenagers are keen at uploading their photos.
- The manager is upset to the result of his staff’s work as they didn’t work maximally.
- If you don’t change the material for the training, every one will object in doing it.
- Every one was shouting toward one another so angrily that we needed the police the handle it.
- The director isn’t available now because he is having a meeting by his staff.
- We should write toward the publisher to ask about the next edition.
Correct the prepositions below!
- What we have decided calls at immediate approval so that we can finish it on time.
- Even though there are many people objection to the government’s decision on racing the fuel price, the plan is still going to be carried by.
- Our country falls before with others in technology. Public services are still done manually.
- The psychiatrist is helping her get on her trauma after being raped.
- People are getting at to the continuous natural disasters due to their ignorance to their environment.
- You must prepare the correct answer because the chief may touch at the mistake that you made yesterday.
- Our boss seldom look for the student’s problem well, so the treatment is often improper.
- What a wonderful meeting! I came by my old friends in a wedding party.
- Have you checked all the expenses? When it is done, add them in.
- I don’t understand why he called out the activity without telling us. We have prepared for it.
- I have looked after this topic in some books, but I still cannot find the complete information on it.
- Finally, he is able to figure on what have worried him so long.
- As the chipmunks hadn’t cleaned out the mess they made before Dave arrived home, they were grounded.
- She is trying out some wedding gowns.
- You haven’t filled up the last form, have you?