BSE : 3.7/4.7/4/7.1
Chapter 7 : Pamphlet and Banner with Impersonal It and Introductory There
3.7 membedakan fungsi sosial, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan beberapa teks khusus dalam bentuk brosur, leaflet, banner, dan pamflet, dengan memberi dan meminta informasi terkait promosi barang / jasa / kegiatan sesuai dengan konteks penggunaannya.
4.7 brosur, leaflet, banner, dan pamflet
4.7.1 menangkap makna secara kontekstual terkait fungsi sosial, struktu rteks, dan unsur kebahasaan brosur, leaflet, banner, dan pamflet terkait promosi barang/jasa/kegiatan
4.7.2 menyusun teks khusus brosur, leaflet, banner, dan pamflet terkait promosi barang/jasa/kegiatan, dengan memperhatikan fungsi sosial, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan, secara benar dan sesuai konteks.
In this chapter, you will learn how to promote events, things or services. Surely, you will have to know the proper grammatical structure used to make the description meaningful. Practicing how to compose it is needed to enhance your understanding on the social function and the text structure of that kind of promotion.
GENERAL INSTRUCTION : You must ensure that you understand the material step by step. At the end, there will be an evaluation to test your level of understanding on the material. When your level is above the passing score, you may continue to the next material. Before you ask for the evaluation, please ensure yourself that you have already mastered the whole material in this chapter.
Put the correct word on its explanation!
A. brochure B. pamphlet C. banner D. leaflet
- A small book or magazine containing pictures and information about a product or service. (Oxford Dictionary)
- A long strip of cloth bearing a slogan or design, carried in a demonstration or procession or hung in a public place. (Oxford Dictionary)
Then, find an example of one of them to the class! Let the teacher and your friend decide which yours belongs to.
Read your brochure or friend’s, then retell it with your own words to show whether you can understand the content or not. Let your teacher read and correct your writing!
To make you able to write well, you need to improve your knowledge on grammar. This time you are learning about Impersonal IT and Introductory There. Learn the patterns on the grammar book, then try doing the exercises below!
Here are lists of adjectives and verbs. Make as many sentences as possible with the combination of them by using the Impersonal IT constructions.
List of adjectives:
Good, great, different, important, bad, right, sure, early, late, hard, strong, vital, sincere, possible, true, special, easy, clear, difficult, wrong, private, fine, common, natural, significant, simple, remarkable, nervous, perfect, silly, ridiculous, fortunate, shaking, adorable, adventurous, awesome, comfortable, delightful, graceful.
List of verbs
Have, do, go, get, make, know, take, see, give, tell, work, call, try, feel, become, leave, put, keep, let, begin, help, talk, start, show, play, live, hold, bring, write, provide, sit, stand, lose, meet, include, continue, set, learn, change, understand, watch, follow, stop, create, speak, read, allow, spend, open, walk, win, offer, remember, love, buy, wait, serve, build, stay, reach
Examples: It is bad to say dirty words.
It will be difficult to set a form of poetry to a music.
It was ridiculous for me to offer him a ride.
Make sentences by using Introductory There based on the sentences below!
- Some scientists have found that our life is threatened by microplastic.
- Various items are available on the online shops.
- My students gave me brilliant ideas on having games in my lessons.
- It is not difficult to find fake news on the internet.
- We can read the tips for being healthy in these book series.
- Here is the list of the professional technicians working in our company.
- The terrible landslide swept three villages near the hill.
- This luxurious restaurant sells the different vintages of the same wine.
- Many birds are died due to the extremely hot temperature in this area.
- I have sent the materials for the national exams to you.
- The scenic pictures in this gallery attract many visitors to come.
- You may borrow as many books as you want from this library.
- Writing books doesn’t interest my students at all.
- Some uncommon questions will be given during the interview.
- Several new menus are being promoted in that restaurant.
- I can taste some natural ingredients in this food.
- Many beaches in Indonesia are astounding.
- A lot of plastic waste overwhelms this river.
- Many contestants don’t have enough knowledge on space.
- This education corner provides much information about getting scholarships.
Now, you should try to make your own brochure. Make a group of four. You are free to choose any topic you want to promote.
To summarize what you have learnt, answer the questions below!
- What is the function of brochure or pamphlet?
- What is the function of banner?
- How many patterns are found in the Impersonal It? What are they?
- What does the Introductory There show?
- SELF-REFLECTION ON THE MASTERY OF MATERIALS
|1.||Can you differentiate the function of brochure or pamphlet from banner?|
|2.||Do you understand the grammatical structure of the Impersonal It?|
|3||Do you understand the grammatical structure of the Introductory There?|
|4.||Can you apply both structures in sentences?|
|5.||Can you make a brochure?|