BSE : 3.7/4.7/2/7.1
CHAPTER 7: ADVERTISEMENTS
3.7 membedakan fungsi sosial, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan beberapa teks khusus dalam bentuk iklan dengan memberi dan meminta informasi terkait kegiatan (event), sesuai dengan konteks penggunaannya
4.7 iklan kegiatan (event)
4.7.1 menangkap makna secara kontekstual Terkait fungsi sosial, struktur teks dan unsur kebahasaan teks khusus dalam bentuk iklan kegiatan (event)
4.7.2 menyusun teks khusus dalam bentuk iklan kegiatan (event), lisan dan tulis, dengan memperhatikan fungsi sosial, struktur teks, dan unsur kebahasaan, secara benar dan sesuai konteks
In this chapter, you will learn about ADVERTISEMENTS. Surely, you will have to know the proper grammatical structure of them. Practicing composing advertisements with the correct grammatical structure is needed to make your writing understandable and enhance your understanding on their social function and structure.
GENERAL INSTRUCTION : You must ensure that you understand the material step by step. At the end, there will be an evaluation to test your level of understanding on the material. When your level is above the passing score, you may continue to the next material. Before you ask for the evaluation, please ensure yourself that you have already mastered the whole material in this chapter.
You must ever hear and see advertisements, so according to you
- What is advertisement?
- What is advertised?
- What is the purpose of advertising?
- Who are the advertisers?
- Where can we find advertisements?
Based on your answers, let’s learn about some kinds of advertisement.
READ THE ADVERTISEMENT BELOW, THEN ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WELL!
|VISIT TEENAGERS’ MOVIE FESTIVAL|
|A FANTASTIC IMAGINATION AND CREATION OF THE AWESOME WRITERS AND MOVIE DIRECTORS OF THE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS|
|MARCH 22nd – 25th 2019 at mini Percy’s auditorium of SNOWFALL University.
Ticket sale is opened at March 1st 2019
The first 50 tickets will be only IDR 75,000 plus a complimentary drink and the price will be 10% more than IDR 100,000 for the last three days.
When you are out of town people, just call this number: 081112365567
Please, hurry up as
The seats are provided ONLY FOR 250 PEOPLE.
- What is the aim of the advertisement?
- Whom may the advertisement be for?
- Who probably holds the festival?
- How long will the festival be?
- What is the advantage for buying the ticket earlier?
- How much will the ticket be at March 20th?
- Are the tickets only available for the town people?
- How many tickets are provided for the people who want to see the festival?
READ THE ADVERTISEMENT BELOW, THEN ANSWER THE QUESTIONS WELL!
|CHEERY SMILE MERCHANDISE|
|SOME NEW ARRIVALS ARE ON THE LIST|
|Characters in Incredibles 2
1. Elastigirl (5 poses)
2. Violet Parr (7 poses)
3. Frozone (3 poses)
4. Dash (5 poses)
5. Jack –jack Parr (7 poses)
6. Mr. Incredible (5 poses)
|Characters in Aquaman
1. Aquaman (7 poses)
2. Mera (5 poses)
3. Black Manta (5 poses)
4. King Nereus (3 poses)
|Each figure has three different sizes (5cm, 12cm, and 18cm)
When you buy them in this promotion week, you can get one more action figure from different movie characters.
These new arrivals belong to the limited edition.
GET THEM AND FEEL THE SATISFACTION
VISIT OUR INSTAGRAM @CHEERY2SWEETIE
LINE ID @CHERRYMERCH
- What are advertised?
- What does probably the “Cheery Smile Merchandise” sell?
- How long is the promotion for the new arrivals?
- What is offered during the promotion time?
- What is meant by “the limited edition”?
- How do the people know the image of the figures?
|A GOOD NEWS FOR YOUNG MOTHERS|
|A four day workshop for young mothers|
|April 20th – 23rd 2019
At Family Playground 1
|For mothers||For children|
|Day 1||Learning children’s psychological growth||Learning how to request, thank and apologize|
|Day 2||Observing children’s behavior||Learning how to collaborate through games and working together|
|Day 3||Interacting with the children||Playing and doing a project with their mother|
|Day 4||Evaluating the activities||Evaluating the activities|
|It’s only IDR 250,000 including snacks and lunch for mother and child (2 children)
Book one week in advance to get the handout, besides we have only 25 places.
- What kind of advertisement is it?
- Who are the targets of the advertisement?
- What do you think why children are included in the workshop?
- What is probably the purpose of the workshop?
- What should the participants do before the workshop?
- What do you think about the prize?
You need some knowledge of grammar when you write an advertisement. Therefore, now learn about Passive Voice.
To get more understanding about Passive Voice, do these exercises below!
I. Change the active sentences below into the passive ones!
- The people are waiting for the result of the football match between Indonesia and Vietnam.
- A lot of plastic waste has contaminated rivers and land for years.
- The students were summarizing the article when the bell rang.
- Does the teacher always correct the student’s mistake when speaking?
- I didn’t change the password yesterday.
- The doctor will observe the causes of this strange disease.
- We have to activate the programs now.
- The committee had changed the routes already before the runners started to run.
- The previous employer didn’t give the employees the chance to improve themselves.
- The teacher has warned those boys not to make a trouble twice.
- Can ice cool our high temperature effectively?
- Children won’t easily forget their teacher’s saying.
- The police will be investigating other areas at the same time tomorrow.
- I had registered all of the students already before it was closed earlier.
- The professional pilot had been flying the newest plane for 20 minutes when it crashed a mountain.
- We shouldn’t decide an important thing when we are angry.
- My grandpa had exhibited his paintings ten times before he died in 2010.
- The headmaster agreed to our idea.
- The juries were selecting the best ten chefs while they were cooking the complete dishes.
- He has been explaining the fresh graduates the tips of speaking in front of the public.
II. Change the passive sentences below into the active ones!
- Most merchandizes in this shop are made of plastic waste.
- Some books were banned last year.
- The best Mozart’s compositions are being played by teenage orchestra.
- Have the workers been instructed to work overtime this weekend?
- 10 Deluxe rooms in this luxurious hotel were booked by the Royal families.
- Our identity card will be checked when we enter the Palace.
- A new program is being installed to our computers by a technician.
- The gifts for our friends had been wrapped and decorated beautifully when we realized that we got the wrong gifts.
- When I entered the room, the staff were being briefed on the new rule.
- This café is not recommended for us.
- All the materials have been being reviewed for two hours.
- A best seller novel will be given to him when he begins writing a review.
- The acute condition of his heart must be healed by a heart transplant.
- Different substances are being injected to some trees to know the effect on them.
- The same online games are played by teenagers in the world.
- A lot of public schools will be being renovated next semester.
- An international racing circuit is going to be built in Mandalika next year.
- The drug smuggler had been executed already when the judge decided that he was innocent.
- This song has been nominated for two musical awards.
- While the street children were playing, they were being taught to collaborate.
Review tenses in active and passive sentences
I. Change the verb in bracket into the correct form!
- Some industries which (produce) things from plastic (encourage) to find another material.
- Some miners who (warn) not to enter the mining holes (evacuate) now.
- About 100 young journalists (train) how to write news responsibly for four days because there (be) a lot of news which they (write) is not accurate.
- Indonesia (become) one of the most wonderful tourist destinations in the world since some regions (revitalize) to fulfill the international standard.
- We (surprise) by the findings that microplastic (find) in the human faeces.
- The hotel where we (stay) for two days (facilitate) luxuriously but environmentally green.
- After some students who (have) low spirit to learn (motivate) to reach their dream, they (realize) that they should not waste their time by playing games.
- Any information (write) on the mass media (have) to be accurate.
- Supplements which (mix) with water or juice can be useful to deal with the chronic diarrhea.
- I often (remind) by my parents not to be afraid to tell the truth although someone possibly (threaten) us.
- After the fire (extinguish) already, the firemen (search) for the people who (trap) in the burnt building. They (find) many of them died.
- Since we (invite) to join the food festival, we (prepare) the ingredients which (take) from our own garden now.
- A simple technology (apply) to recycle the plastic waste in our school since last year, but the problem (be) that we (not have) enough support from the top manager.
- If your plants (prune) regularly, they (grow) well.
- While the coffee beans (process), I (prepare) various flavor for strengthening its taste.
II. Correct the sentences below!
- Eyes can irritated with chemicals in swimming pool if we don’t wear watertight goggles.
- When our eyes locked on our book or computer for hours, this can strain your eyes-focusing muscles.
- The reports must submit by the students on Monday.
- She was disappoint by the movie which she thought it more entertaining.
- What does the thing you bought yesterday used to?
- Pickpockets are knowing to operate in this area.
- The town building has closed because of the snow since two weeks ago.
- Jennie has invited to explain her reasons for making the changes in her essay.
- I was asking to post the letters which were written by kindergarten students.
- When are the books suppose to return to the library?
- Student’s score affects by the number of mistakes in the test.
- Some symptoms can classified through the method you showed us last week.
- The students of senior high school in this seminar being explained the impacts of the having sexual intercourse before marriage.
- After our proposal has been approved, we held some meetings to talk about it last month.
- Some species of the wild plants in this forest have being identified by some botanists for a week.
Based on what you have learnt, you can conclude that:
1. Event advertisement is ____________________________________
2. Product advertisement is __________________________________
3. Service advertisement is ___________________________________
4. Write the pattern of Passive sentences for simple tenses
5. Write the pattern of Passive sentences for Continuous tenses
- SELF-REFLECTION ON THE MASTERY OF MATERIALS
|1.||Can you identify each type of advertisement?|
|2.||Can you understand the content of an advertisement?|
|3.||Can you write an advertisement?|