REVIEW on Kung Fu Panda 3
Communicative purpose : to criticize an art work or event for a public audience
- interpretive recount
- evaluation summation
Po is a panda whose destiny as a dragon warrior occurred unintentionally. He was chosen to bring peace together with the Furious Five. Their stories can be found in the first two sequels. While in Kung Fu Panda 3, he had suddenly to teach those Furious Five after the death of Oogway, their teacher. Po’s unique character that sometimes causes his friends angry or annoyed still dominates the story. His being a teenager with his labile emotion attracts every one to enjoy the movie.
The writer always gave a surprising event at the beginning of the movie that led to the whole story. In this Kung Fu Panda 3, the Oogway’s death which forced Po to teach his own friends posited him in a difficult situation. While he was still confused how to do it, Kai who wanted to take Po’s Chi was chasing him. Kai had taken the great masters’ chi, except Oogway’s that was given to Po when he was still child. There was a relation among Pandas –in Panda village – with Oogway and Kai in the past. On his way to find who he was and learn how to use his Chi, Po met someone who directed him to Panda village. There he studied to be the real Panda but still not learnt how to use his Chi until Kai came and attacked his friends. He didn’t think about the Chi anymore because he remembered that master Shiffu could use his Chi to bloom a flower after 30 year training. Then he fought Kai with his own ability helped by all pandas and his friend, Tigress.
What is interesting in this film is that the writer tried to combine between the eastern culture through the Panda’s habit and the western one through the language they use. He also successfully sent some moral values that can be taken not only for children but adults as well – like when Po was teaching, he taught them not to become what he wanted but led them to be themselves. Also when he began to know who he was, he realized that he started to be able to learn his chi. So, this teaches us that, when we come back to where we are from and appreciate our own culture, we can get our power.
This movie is recommended to all ages for it motivates every one to be brave to dream of becoming what they want. Besides, it is entertaining. The excellent graphic designs and the animation make it so.
(reviewed by Hedwig)
You may do this exercise by completing the sentences below based on the text above.
- The first sequel told about …
- Po’s labile emotion describes …
- From the second paragraph, we can understand that Oogway and Kai …
- Chi is …
- Finally, Po fought Kai with his own ability because …
- Paragraph three evaluates …
- What everyone can learn from the movie is …
Find the word in the text having the meaning of this below:
- The events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future
- Tell or show (someone) how to get somewhere
- A published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one
- The regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something
- Advise or suggest (something) as a course of action
- Put in position
- Of or characterized by emotions which are easily aroused, freely expressed, and tend to alter quickly and spontaneously.
- Recognize the full worth of.
- Not on purpose.
- The mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
- The ideas, customs, and social behavior of a particular people or society
- Extremely good; outstanding
- Become fully aware of (something) as a fact; understand clearly.
- Be the most important or conspicuous person or thing in.
- Cause (someone) to have interest in or enthusiasm for something.