PARTICIPLES, COORDINATORS and CLAUSES
Underline the Present Participle, then tell the meaning of it or change it into a clause!
- Having traveled many times alone, those boys get a knowledge of how to survive.
- She is dreaming of acting in the broadcasting with the popular actor.
- Our parents look busy preparing the party for celebrating their anniversary.
- The cooking girl is learning how to make pizza.
- The high buildings standing at the center of the town reduce the supply of the oxygen for the town dwellers.
- As she was caught cheating in the test, her parents are invited the meet the headmaster today.
- We are waiting for the speaker speaking there for an interview.
- It is annoying to hear that he doesn’t want to stop smoking.
- His confusing statement causes this chaos.
- Leaving the children having no parental guidance to play on the their gadgets may put them in danger.
- This handmade products producing industry often postpone delivering the orders.
- The man rejecting our proposal isn’t the one usually making decision for every proposal.
- Snorkeling has been my hobby since my friend leading a marine life community invited me to enjoy the beauty of the sea.
- Being the new captain of this club, he is trying to know all of the members having different ability and skill.
- Before having the adventurous journey, he asked a lot of questions to the one having that kind of journey.
- The hibernating animals may not be awaken for eating.
- The spinning blades in the raw material processing machine will grind it into pieces.
- Look at this video! The large melting glaciers is moving to the ocean.
- Our hard work gives satisfying result.
- Having a habit of drinking herbal drink can cause us stay healthy.
Underline the Past Participle, then tell the meaning of it!
- We have bought much food for dinner.
- I like the chocolate coated biscuits.
- His motorcycle has been modified twice.
- The juries were not satisfied to our explanation.
- The bridge built around 1780 has still stood firmly.
- Protected by the magical armor, he was safe during the war.
- Although they have been reminded to return the borrowed books, they still ignore it.
- It is agreed that this slope must be replanted by the hard wood trees.
- The accused man will be sent to jail if the proofs told to the judge are reliable.
- The next step is that the butter mixed chocolate is added to the mixture of the flour.
- Hunted for its lever, these fish become rare.
- The chosen panda to be the dragon warrior is being trained by shiffu.
- The tribes in the isolated region are believed to have a deadly weapon.
- I have repeated this game twice, but I haven’t understood how to beat the enemies.
- Painted colorfully, the room becomes the favorite for the children.
Coordinators : and, or, so, yet
Fill in the blank with and, but, or, so, yet!
- We couldn’t win in this competition, ______ we will try it again next year.
- These symbols are confusing, ______ we are still able to decipher them through their history.
- The two women have joined us for six months, ______they still they still cannot get along with us well.
- You may take a rest here, ______ you may take a walk around the garden.
- This company offers me to follow the internship program, ______ my lecture support me to take it.
- The King had booked two hotels for his family and relatives, ______ he cancelled it because of his problem in his country.
- The judge couldn’t find the strong evidences to punish Mr. Tuki, ______ he finally decided to send him to the jail.
- The sun is shinning brightly, ______ the visitors can enjoy the glittering water in the river on the slope of the mountain.
- This house is very luxurious, ______ it is too quiet to be a home.
- The visitors may process the coffee themselves, ______ they can just enjoy the various tastes of the coffee.
- One of the racers fell from his motorcycle, ______ he could get the finish line.
- It is rude to intervene other’s family problem in this village, ______ the people don’t care about the violence in a family.
- Some parents have agreed to cooperate with the school in educating their children, ______ they have consented some programs.
- The schools are allowed to have outing class programs, ______ they may have a kind of workshop on arts.
- Hospitality has been one of the Indonesian characters, ______ they lose it at present.
Fill in the blank with the correct relative pronoun!
- Will you tell me the medicine ______ can cure itchy due to a certain allergy.
- She won’t answer the message ______ sender is unknown.
- The people ______ family members were included on the manifest were shocked when they knew that their plane crashed a mountain.
- She leaves me a big question ______ she quitted from her job.
- The period ______ religions were opposed to one another was called a doom day.
- My father never believes to the salesman ______ talks nonsense.
- You should visit Japan on the Spring ______ various kinds of flowers are blooming beautifully.
- Your book, ______ you wrote last year, is really inspiring.
- Have you ever visited the waterfalls ______ water is glimmering because of the sunshine.
- I never want to enter a house ______ is rarely developed.
- Will you suggest the place ______ we can find a merchandise or snacks for a gift.
- The American Ninja Warrior ______ is able to go to final must have a strong body and mentality.
- The badminton player ______ we are going to interview has won the Tomas Cup Championship twice.
- The government has decided the time ______ they are going to hold the presidential election.
- The super model ______ the UNESCO chose to be the education ambassador is a psychiatrist.
State whether each sentence below has the correct Noun Clause or not!
- He doesn’t want to spend whatever he has gained for useless things.
- Who does survive in these hard games will be sent to America to follow the similar games.
- I am proud of the Indonesian army because of what they did to the hostages.
- The leader states what he won’t fire the employees but guide them to be better.
- The rule is that no one is allowed to bring food into the room.
- How many will people attend this interesting seminar can be predicted.
- I wish he knew how deep is my love for him.
- We are really sorry for what did we said.
- What I am dreaming is that English becomes the second languages in this country as Malaysia does.
- The child’s common question is how did he come out of his mother’s stomach.
- They cannot explain why they made hoaxes in the social media.
- I will learn on this new technology to who you have employed for more than 5 years.
- The manager hasn’t consented to when is the psychology test going to be held.
- Please, search for whose fingers were on that dead body.
- His wish is that he could build a library for those poor children.
Complete the sentences below!
- The participants look sleepy in as much as …
- The leader couldn’t accept the reason although …
- The scholarship isn’t easy to get for …
- The trip won’t cost too much unless…
- The fruity candies produced by home industries are so tasteful that …
- Indonesian movies have entered the international festival since …
- The president should pay more attention on the education of the young generation so that …
- Dust is considered to be one of the allergen where as …
- Our team will be the best provided …
- The conversation is being ed to the discussing of the political topic because …
- Every one is showing their talent in that …
- It is so difficult to review an English book whose words are strange for me that …
- The climbers stayed at the mountain until …
- The biggest storm destroyed the houses so terribly that …
- The competition will run well in case …
- We are trying to answer the answer when …
- Please, stand by me in order that …
- It’s easy to take a picture on children while …
- She loves her house as …
- My experience isn’t related to the historical journey now that …
Choose the correct answer!
- The president didn’t want to meet her people, … she gave them many gifts. (A. yet; B. and; C. or; D. but)
- Mind your own business … you don’t want to get a trouble with them. (A.that; B. where; C. if; D. unless)
- … , those children don’t pay attention on what he teacher is saying. (A.The focus on their gadget; B. The gadget focusing; C. To Focus on their gadget; D. Focusing on their gadget)
- The two boys have been playing the on line game …. (A. I arrived three hours ago; B. since I arrived three hours ago; C. when I was arriving three hours ago; D. I was arriving three hours ago)
- Rian gets used to sleeping late …. (A. doing his job; B. to doing his job; C.done his job; D. because doing his job)
- …, the “Garuda”, the mystical bird, may not be used informally. (A. To choose as the symbol of our country; B. The symbol of our country; C.Choosing as the symbol of our country; D. Chosen as the symbol of our country)
- That child is talking on the toy phone seriously … he were talking to someone. (A. As if ; B. for; C. Unless; D. in order that)
- Woman is easily influenced by hoaxes … (A. Sending to her gadget; B. to send to her gadget; C. sent to her gadget; D. to her gadget)
- The troops could attack the terrorists through the air, …their base camp through the secret route. (A. or they entered; B. they entered; C.entering; D. and enter)
- The delivered stuff will be sent back … they aren’t suitable to the ordered ones. (A. because; B. although; C. so that; D. before)
- There are still many expired food and drinks in the super mall, … the thing before buying it. (A. people must check; B. so people must check; C.if people must check; D. must check)
- My best friend often opposes to … or do. (A. I suggest; B. suggest; C.suggestion; D. what I suggest)
- There will be an explanation of the reason … their salary yet. (A. why they haven’t got; B. they haven’t got; C. having gotten; D. to have gotten)
- Some wealthy football clubs … thousand dollars to buy a new player are protested by their fans. (A. often send; B. often sending; C. which often send; D. which often sending)
- … of the marine life, I praise the Lord for His wonderful creation. (A. To enjoy the beauty; B. Enjoying the beauty; C. Enjoyed the beauty; D. To enjoying the beauty)
- You had better prepare yourself well … in case there are many questions about this material. (A. before to speak; B. before speaking; C. after to speak ; D. after speaking)
- Those children are planting the seeds … the teacher guides. (A. in that; B.unless; C. in order that; D. as soon as)
- … the members of the parliament force the Ant Corruption Commission to give the record is protested by the people. (A. If; B. That; C. By ; D. After)
- … the children’s favorite in this toy shop. (A. Speaking dolls are; B. Dolls are speaking; C. The speaking dolls are; D. The dolls speaking)
- The plant eating animals called herbivore … the meat eating animals. (A.tamer are than; B. are tamer; C. tamer than; D. are tamer than)